Natural Health Products Testing Services
Natural Health Products (NHPs) come under different regulatory frameworks. Although under different regulations, USP methodologies are generally used.
NHPs range from vitamin supplements and herbal and probiotic products to toothpaste, and are legislated as natural health products. NHPs such as vitamins are taken for general wellness, whereas drugs target a specific disease, illness or medical condition.
I.G. MicroMed has a great deal of experience in this area. Our most common task is to establish product safety parameters usually performing a standard package of bacterial testing. We can perform specific NHP tests including probiotic counts, or mycotoxin content, as applicable.
We also perform antimicrobial effectiveness testing (challenge testing) to test the growth of bacteria, mold and yeast and pathogens to determine the product’s ability to inhibit such microorganisms. We can also test for growth promotion of your sterile media. I.G. MicroMed also offers environmental monitoring of sterile facilities.
We utilize approved methods for the following testing:
- USP <2021> Microbial Enumeration Tests
- USP <61> Microbial Enumeration Tests –
- USP <2022> Microbial Procedures for the Absence of Specified microorganisms
- USP <51> Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing
- USP <62> Tests for Specified
Microorganisms – Non Sterile Products
- USP <71> Steriility Tests
- Standard Plate Count (Aerobic Plate Counts)
- E. Coli
- Staphylococcus Aureus
- Pseudomonas Aeurginosa
- Yeast and Mold
- Total Probiotic Count(s)
- Water Activity
- Allergens (Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts)
- Mycotoxins (Aflatoxin, Ochratoxin, Vomitoxin)
- Bacterial Identification(s)
- Fungal Identification(s)
- Mold Identification(s)
- Microscopic Examination(s)
*These are just the most common tests we perform. Let us know if you require something not listed.